Are you ready to take your Tic Tac Toe skills to the next level? Then it’s time to try out Tic Tac Take!
This game is a fun twist on the classic game we all know and love. Instead of just trying to get three X’s or O’s in a row, you also have to strategize about which squares you want to take and which ones you want to leave for your opponent.
Here’s how to play:
- Set up the game board: Just like Tic Tac Toe, you’ll need a 3×3 grid to play on. Draw the grid on a piece of paper or use a whiteboard if you’ve got one handy.
- Choose your markers: Decide who will be X and who will be O. You can also choose any other symbols or shapes you want to use instead.
- Decide who goes first: You can flip a coin, play rock-paper-scissors, or just decide based on who won the last game of Tic Tac Toe.
- Take turns placing markers: Just like in Tic Tac Toe, players take turns placing their markers on the board. But in Tic Tac Take, you can also choose to “skip” a turn and not place a marker at all.
- Score points: Each square on the board is worth a certain number of points, depending on its position. The center square is worth the most points, followed by the corners, and then the sides. If you get three markers in a row, you score the total number of points for those squares.
- Block your opponent: If your opponent is about to get three in a row, you can try to block them by placing your marker in one of the squares they need. But be careful – if you block them too much, you might not be able to get three in a row yourself!
- Keep playing until the board is full: The game ends when all nine squares have been filled. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!
Tic Tac Take is a great way to mix up your game night routine and challenge your brain in new ways. So grab a friend and give it a try – who knows, you might just become a Tic Tac Take champion!